Monday, October 12, 2009

MU vs Nebraska

WHAT I....

LIKE: Well there wasn’t too much that I liked about this game. The team started and finished slow. The defense played well for 3 quarters, but didn’t when it really mattered.

DISLIKE: My first worry, which played into my prediction, was if the Tigers come out slow as a team that they will lose. No I wasn’t wishing bad luck on my Tigers, I was just being honest as a guy who have been there and done that. Yes sometimes you can get away with starting slow as a team on less stellar opponents, but when you play good teams such as Nebraska, you have to come out smoking. I was disappointed in the offensive play calling. At times it seems as if the O coordinator was nervous up in the booth. To me it looks like they compressed their game plan, to help out Nebraska. The offense had a chance to play defense in this game and help the team when. What I mean by that, is when the Tigers where up 9-0 going into the 4th quarter, the offense should have been running the ball to kill the clock and control the tempo of the game, especially when you have a one legged quarterback at the helm. The O line disappointed me, in not being able to control the line of scrimmage. Just to be honest with you, I think that they where man handled by the Huskers d-line. The Tigers running game was absent at best. D Washington seems to be just a step slow on all of his running plays. I don’t know if it was the weather or what, but the run game was smothered. Defensively, the Tigers played good for 3 quarters, but collapsed when they where really needed. For three quarters, I saw a team that was running and hitting and totally shutting Nebraska down. But once the 4th quarter rolled in, the D-fense rolled out. It seemed like a totally different team out there playing. Giving up big plays, 27 points in like a 5 minute span. That’s just unacceptable. Although the D played well for three quarters, in the game of football, it’s not about how and where you started, but how and where you finish!

SUGGEST: It’s simple, shake it off and move on. The Tigers have two big games coming up with no time in between to pout and dwell on this lost. You know the saying, it is what it is. Learn from this game and continue to grow as a team. Learn how to start fast and finish strong. Football is a 4 quarter game, and with the remainder of MU schedule, they will have to play each team from quarter 1through 4! Learn how to do that as a TEAM!

TC's Tiger of The Week:

?????????

No comments:

Post a Comment