Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MU vs Furman

What I……


LIKE: The thing I like about this past week’s game is the way that the Tigers played team ball. The offense, once they got going, was fun to watch and from the looks of things tuff to stop. Blaine was once again a stud and showed the folks that his legs are just as valuable as his arm. He was 17 of 25 for 256 yds and 3 TD’s, one which was a rushing score. Jared Perry was just unstoppable, whether he was catching a ball from Gabbert or Alexander (on a double pass), Perry was in the in zone often and put up great numbers 7 rec for 161 yds and 2 TD’s! The other wide outs and the running game were also on point. I want to give BIG ups to the O-line as well, because those guys are doing their thing. The defense was running around hitting folks, and seems to continue to work to get better. I liked the hustle I seen out of the players….keep it up and we can go places. The special teams where ok and sound, which is what a coach is asking at minimum out of his special team crew during the game and entire season.

DISLIKE: The one thing that irked me from the start of this game, was not knowing where Furman was from…lol! So after surfing my blackberry and finding the answer to my questions, (South Carolina), I was able to tune back into what I didn’t like about the game. The first thing is the slow start by the offense. Against the better teams, this is something that will get the Tigers in trouble and I think that they have to put more emphasis on coming out strong and faster. I know that the coaches are doing this, but I won’t be satisfied, until I see it resonate on the field to the players. Another thing that I disliked, and I will continue to say this, is the yardage given up by the MU secondary. Of course yards won’t hurt you when a team is unable to turn those yards into points, but as soon as you meet a team that does, in the Tigers case Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma St, Kansas etc.., you will face problems in controlling the game. Lets get that cleaned up.

SUGGEST: I suggest that offensively, the Tigers continue to gel and put an emphasis on coming out strong and fast. Defensive wise, I suggest that we tighten up in the back in, and stop given up 8 yard hitches so easy, two of those equals a first down and more. I want to see the secondary become more physical and play makers as well. They have the skill sets to make these things happen; now they just need the attitude. Because when it boils down to it, defense is all about attitude.



TC's Tiger of the Week


Jared Perry 7 rec 161 yds & 2TD's





No comments:

Post a Comment