Tuesday, September 8, 2009

MU vs ILL

What I…..

LIKE: After watching the MU game this past Saturday I can tell you that there are a lot of things that I like. Of course I can start out by saying I like the win, which is obvious, but the thing that I liked the most about Saturday game, is how coach Pinkel had the guys playing team ball. To me, every aspect of the team was working well, offense, defense and special teams. I’m impressed by Blain Gabbert (319 yds & 3 TD’s + 1 rushing TD) and the way he lead his soldiers up and down the field against the Illini. D Alexander 10 rec 132 yds, J Perry was just shy of a 100 yds receiving, and displayed his separation speed on a 46 yd td run on a screen pass. Overall the offense was on fire, and deserve 2 thumbs up from me and the entire planet..lol! Now I really want to take my hat off to Coach Steck and the DEFENSE. I’ve been telling folks all off season that if the defense takes on the attitude of coach Steck and the efforts of Sean Witherspoon (their leader), that we will have a fun defense to watch. As they showed on Saturday against Illinois we will have a defense that if they continue to be better each week, will be one of the reason you will see MU enjoying another bowl season!

DISLIKE: What I dislike is something that may be personal for me. As a former cornerback for the Tigers, I would say that the only thing that I continue to see that I would like for the Tigers to approve on is more aggressive play by the corners. We need to stop giving up the 8-10 yd curl routes so much! I seen this done to easy on Saturday and although the DB’s didn’t give up any huge plays, I still think that we should be more aggressive on the corners, which I think will only elevate the play on the defense. As far as the offense, I don’t like how folks (yes the crowd and other reporters) where dogging the Tigers running game. I think that they did well and D Washington only had 14 carries for 61 yds (4.4 yard avg)….that’s a good stat to me.

SUGGEST: I suggest that the Tigers continue to do what they do, and grow as a team. Continue to follow the leadership of your coaches and chosen leaders (captains) of your team. I’m excited and can’t wait to see the Tigers in action next week. Also to the fans, I suggest that we bring back the roar of the MIZ-ZOU, it was kind of weak on Saturday!

LATER: Until next week folks, that’s all I have and I look forward to the Tigers next contest against Bowling Green! When I was playing for the Tigers (I was out that year though on IR), we where killed by Bowling Green…so you know I’m really looking forward to my Tigers to roll over BG!

No comments:

Post a Comment