Wednesday, September 8, 2010

MU vs ILL (2010)

MU vs Illinois (2010)


WHAT I….

LIKE:

With this being the first game, I can say that I saw a lot of positive signs from the Tigers. First I have to say that Blain Gabbert arm looks NFL ready, all I can say is that the kid has an arm to die for (that’s if you really want to play in the NFL as a quarterback). I was also encouraged by the running game. Even though it wasn’t often enough, when the Tigers ran the ball, they got the job done. I was really impressed with the defense. The corners and safety’s seemed to have had a productive off season, not just with weights and running, but getting their minds right and being more aggressive on the edge. If the secondary can play this way all season, mark my word, the Tigers will have one of the top defenses in the conference. O, and don’t forget Aldon Smith on the D line, the guy can flat out go and play football. Last but not least, I like the fact that the Tigers competed for 4 quarters and was able to finish the game strong and with a W!

DISLIKE:

There wasn’t too much for me to dislike. To be honest, I don’t think that I saw anything that I didn’t agree with or disliked. I’m sure that as the season go on I will find plenty of dislikes about the Tiger’s play, until then great job all around.

SUGGEST:

Run the ball more and keep a balanced offense along with an aggressive defense. Feed your scat backs with different options, (screens, hand offs, swing passes etc.). On defense when blitzing, please be more aggressive so that we can get to the quarterback or cause disruption in the backfield. This last suggestion will be for every game, “Take the fight to the opponent and don’t let them bring the fight to you”!

TC’s Tiger of the Week:

TJ Moe 13 rec 101 yds 1 Td

No comments:

Post a Comment